Although it's important to make a great first impression, it's more important to leave a lasting one." -Chelsey Davis
We are excited to welcome Chelsey Davis back as our emcee for this year's Scholarship & Award Ceremony!
Chelsey is currently a member of the ABC15 Smart Shopper team, helping you find the best deals in Arizona and is proud to be an Arizona native. Growing up in the Valley, she attended Oasis Elementary School and Centennial High School. Go Dolphins and Coyotes!
When she's not at work, she enjoys hosting events for foundations and organizations all over Arizona. She also LOVES to hike, occasionally oil paint, dance and go on adventures with her incredible husband.
She hopes to inspire all dreamers that nothing is impossible, and to follow your GPS (God's Plan for Success).
WTS Metro Phoenix Chapter welcomes Drena Kusari as the 2017-2018 WTS Awards Keynote Speaker!
Drena Kusari connects transportation with technology to imporve the lives of millions in our communities. As the General Manager for the Southwest Region at Lyft, Drena leads growth strategy, marketing, and operations. Under her leadership, Lyft has added over $40 million and $59 million in economic value in Phoenix in 2016 and 2017, respectively and ridership has grown more than 6 fold during her tenure.
In 2017, Drena was awarded the Young Professional ATHENA, was recognized as Phoenix Business Journal's 40 Under 40 and was a Community Hero Finalist in Phoenix Business Journal's Top Tech Awards AZ. In 2018, Drena was recognized as an Outstanding Woman in Business by the Phoenix Business Journal.
Drena has been adamant about engaging Lyft in the Phoenix community. She propels Lyft’s mission by forging partnerships to support community initiatives and fundraise for underserved communities, women, minorities and many more. She and her team have worked with more than 60 nonprofits, hosted volunteer events for drivers, organized food and water drives, and offered financial education and literacy classes, etc. Drena has developed programs to increase the availability of safe rides through partnerships such as:
- First Mile, Last Mile - connecting communities who have little to no access to public transit
- Save Lives, Don’t DUI Campaign with Maricopa County Attorney’s Office - a safe rides campaign
- Coalition Against Sexual and Domestic Violence Providing free rides to victims of domestic violence
Moreover, Drena has been the key driver of a series of partnerships with iconic brands in Arizona, such as The Phoenix Suns and Mercury, Barrett-Jackson, Phoenix Rising FC, Phoenix International Raceway and many more. Lyft's growth in Phoenix has not just been about the sheer numbers but also about its impact in the community and about giving back to the city that has given so much to Lyft.
The WTS Metropolitan Phoenix Chapter Annual Awards celebrate the achievements of our members and recognize their passion and hard work. Nominations were sought for the following six categories.
- WTS Phoenix Chapter Member of the Year
- WTS Phoenix Chapter Woman of the Year
- WTS Phoenix Chapter Employer of the Year
- WTS Rosa Parks Diversity Leadership Award
- Innovative Transportation Solutions Award
- New Member of the Year
The WTS Metropolitan Phoenix Chapter is pleased to offer the following five scholarships totaling up to $14,500.00.
- AzTA Transit Planning Scholarship for Graduate Students
- WTS Helene M. Overly/Esther Kmetty Memorial Scholarship
- WTS Molitoris Leadership Scholarship for Undergraduates
- WTS Sharon D. Banks Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship
- Support Sky Harbor Coalition Scholarship for Undergraduate and Graduate Students